Ordnance Survey would like the academic community to know that the next GeoVation event on “Collaboration and User Innovation in Transport” will take place at the Royal Society of Arts, in London on 24 September 2012.
With rapid developments in social media technology, smartphone apps, open data, and volunteered geographic information, in a context of doing more with less and doing that sustainably, ‘Collaboration and User Innovation in Transport’ considers:
* The barriers to collaboration and user innovation in transport and how they can be overcome.
* How can real users’ needs be identified and addressed?
* How can open data be used effectively?
* How can business, government, communities and academia collaborate to create real value in improving transport?
* Collaborative consumption, creation and resourcing.
* Creating shared value and business model innovation in transport.
These and other topics will be explored by leaders and pioneers in their field through: keynote speeches, quick fire Pecha Kucha-like presentations, exhibition, and lively, interactive discussion with you, the participating audience, followed by an evening networking programme.
A list of the speakers can be found here:
Register for the event here: