We have now released the programme for this year’s GeoForum, you can find it on the conference website here:
The highlights of this years conference will be:
- An introduction to the day from Professor David Maguire, Jisc Chair, Vice principle of the University of Greenwich, former chief scientist at Esri and an acknowledged expert in computer mapping and geographic information systems.
- A talk given by Ordnance Survey about their cartographic principles and how they apply them when designing the visual representations for features on their maps.
- A presentation given by architecture and design staff and students from Ravensbourne showcasing the physical models they have been producing using or inspired by Digimap maps and data.
- A round-up of all the things you need to know about from the recently updated Ordnance Survey licence.
As well as these presentations we will have our data and software suppliers present to tell you about their new and up coming products such as OS Open Map data, BGS Groundhog & ArcGIS Pro. We will also be bringing you up to date with all the new developments at EDINA and taking you outside in the impressive grounds of the old Royal Naval College to have a look at some new developments with EDINA’s Fieldtrip App.
Finally there will be time for you to chat with people from all the other institutions about how they support and promote geospatial data and software, there are already over 50 people registered to attend with over 25 different institutions represented so far.
If you haven’t booked your place yet then please do so soon, places will be limited:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the event:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0131 650 3302
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.