Our next GeoForum 2020 will be held on Tuesday 3rd March 2020 at the Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Our provisional programme is as follows and may be subject to change:
- 10.30 Registration and coffee
- Welcome – EDINA
- Dr Jonathan Olsen, Institute of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow
- ‘Natural space and mental health in primary school aged children: Classification of natural space using the OS MasterMap Topography Layer’
- Laurence Watson, UCL
- ‘Identifying solar panels from overhead imagery’
- Dr Mike Spencer, SRUC
- ‘Mapping access to services to estimate community resilience’
- Lunch – including demo of Noteable
- Kimon Krenz, Research Associate at the Urban Dynamics Lab, UCL
- ‘From mapping demolished buildings to estimating urban productivity: Applications of large scale spatial data in urban analytics.’
- Dr Genevieve Patenaude, Deputy Director of Research, School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh
- EDINA Workshop on New Data Options
- Summary and questions
- 16:00 Close
This year we are also delighted to invite you to a pre-GeoForum event, a private guided tour of the Da Vinci Exhibition, currently on display at The Queen’s Gallery in the Palace of Holyroodhouse. This will take place from 6-8pm on Monday 2nd March. You can book your place for the private tour here.
Geoforum is a free all day event aimed at lecturers, researchers and support staff who promote and support the use of geospatial data and services at their institution.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.